Fremont County Emergency Management Director Mike Crecelius has announced the Burlington Northern Santa Fe (BNSF) Railroad will be closing certain area roads over the next few weeks for railroad crossing repairs.
Drivers should be aware they may encounter closed roads unexpectedly in the areas of the railroad crossing while BNSFdoes their repairs.
According to Crecelius, Paul Fullen with BNSF told him BNSF will need the crossings closed for 2 weeks as they work through raising the tracks & road approaches on each location.
Expected road crossing closings are listed below with dates of closures:
• MP165.21 Waubonsie Ave (Bartlett, IA) Closure June 27.
• MP163.55 North Lake Rd Closure July 1.
• MP162.46 135th St (Thurman, IA) Closure July 1.
• MP160.64 155th St (Thurman, IA) Closure July 1.
• MP156.23 200th St (Percival, IA) Closure July 5.
Keep in mind these roads will likely be closed for two weeks or longer while railroad repairs are made.